Travel/Adventure Novel and Blog by Josiah Heiser

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Zombie Proof

When the shit goes down you better be ready.  It may be the zombie apocalypse or the plague or nothing but better to be prepared for the worst and hope for the best.  Now that I am married I have the advantage of a partner for my my bug-out-bag and now that I have found the coolest addition ever for my holy-shit gear I know exactly what my lovely wife will be packing when the alien invasion kicks off.

The tent is always a weak point as a mobile command center, when you are in it you never know what might just blow through the side looking for food.  I am from grizzly country and I am always sleeping with one eye open.  Obviously my six hundred dollar light weight tent is going to be ideal for serious hikes and back country exploration but as a base camp it would be nice to have something a little more bullshit proof.

Meet the Vagabond mobile safe house.  This little badass was modeled after the armadillo-which I would hope everyone already knows about.  It goes up fast and once it is up the hard shell exterior is one big solar panel cranking out some volts.  On the top of the little dome you'll see a small turbine called the 'tornado' made to pump fresh air into the tent.  That is apparently important as the tent is so well sealed from the outside environment it probably doesn't breath well.   

Vagabond Zombie Survival Dome Vagabond is the Ultimate Portable Zombie Safe House

Vagabond Zombie Safe House Diagram Vagabond is the Ultimate Portable Zombie Safe House
The outer layer of the tent (the solar panels/armor) is able to camouflage itself into almost any environment using glare-free reflective technology.  From the looks of it there is plenty of room inside too.

It's not available for purchase yet but it won the 2011-12 zombie apocalypse shelter award and it will be available for purchase soon.  I will keep everyone posted.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment